Several agencies will participate in a multi-jurisdictional, multi-incident emergency management simulated exercise on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 from 2-6p.
The simulations will occur at multiple locations and will simulate
- a detonation (BMO Harris Bank Center)
- a vehicular assault/barricaded subject scenario (Cherry Valley)
- and a vehicular assault at Prairie Field Sports Park (Belvidere).
Participating agencies include City of Rockford Police and Fire, Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office, Cherry Valley Police and Fire, Belvidere Police and Fire, FBI, Rockford ATF, Rockford Park District, BMO Harris Bank Center, SwedishAmerican Hospital, Mercyhealth hospital, and OSF St. Anthony’s hospital.
The following streets will be closed on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.:
– 300 block of Elm Street from Main Street to Church Street
– 200 block of South Main from Elm Street to Chestnut Street
This will only be a practice drill and not an actual emergency.
This drill is closed to the public.