Rockford Scanner fan Misty B. sent us the following photos.
She said “Rockford Police Newest Toy” in her description.
It appears to be the Rockford Police newest SWAT vehicle.
It is dark in color and has “Batt-X” on the front. Under that is a bat logo. Which appears to be used as a battering ram, if needed.
It appears to be heavily modified and has a state of the art light system on it and it also appears that it is possibly bullet proof. (Texture and glass)
It appears that it is able to hold many officers inside the vehicle and also has been modified on the side of the vehicle, to hold several officers on the outside of it as well.
Scroll down to read the specs of it.
According to online records, this is the newest model in the police armored fleet from The Armored Group, LLC at TAG
It does not show how much it cost, according to the website.
But it does say “Contact Us For A Quote”
Rockford Police has yet to release information on the vehicle.
No other information at this time.
UPDATE: We did a google search on “Batt-X” and located the following: http://www.armoredcars.com/vehicles/batt-x/
The BATT®-X (Ballistic Armored Tactical Transport®) is the Big Brother to the BATT®-APX. Additional length is added to the APX to allow the BATT®-X to carry 12-14 Officers (depending on size of operators and amount of gear). It is for law enforcement agencies and tactical teams to carry out missions in both rural and urban settings. The Armored Group (TAG) designed the BATT®-X series of vehicles using input provided by tactical teams around the world. The BATT®-X series stems from a need for vehicles that offer protection, comfort, ease of maintenance, storage, and maneuverability superior to the competition.
Our BATT®-X series includes features that add a higher level of comfort and safety than most other armored vehicles. We designed the BATT®-X series to accommodate fully geared officers comfortably and with the utmost security. BATT®-X models include, but are not limited too the following options:
- B7/NIJ IV+ .50 Cal Ball Ammo Protection or B6/NIJ III Armor Levels
- Blast mitigating floor.
- Internal armored firewall.
- Rifle-rated roof protection.
- Fully armored hood clip.
- TAG Exclusive Flip Forward Front Clip System
- Best-in-class climate control system.
- Dual heating and air conditioning systems in front and back.
- Oversized rear deployment bumper with steps.
- Front door lockout ability at 90° and 45°.
- Rear door lockout ability at 90° and at full open
- Heavy Duty Oversized Running Boards
- Optic-ready gun ports.
- Four-wheel drive off-road capabilities.
- Enclosed under-seat storage in rear compartment with back board slat cut outs
- 360° Rotating Turret with Oversized flush-mounted sniper step.
- Roof Hatches
- Emergency Lights and Siren System
We based the BATT®-X on the Ford F-550 (A Ford F-550 bare bones starts off at $68,000) 4×4 chassis, available in either gas or diesel engines. The diesel version offers more torque and a faster throttle response, while the gas model is quieter and less expensive, but still offers adequate horsepower. The BATT®-X can achieve highway speeds of over 80 miles an hour (128 kph) with 12 to 14 fully geared officers inside.
Base Armor Specifications BATT® (APX & X)
- Vertical Panel Protection
- Firewall Armor
- Roof Protection
- Blast Protected Floor
- TAG Exclusive Tilt Forward Armored Front Hood Clip/Engine Bay
- Certified Bullet Resistant Glass
- TAG Exclusive Door Gap Protection
- Industry Leading HVAC Systems
- Upgraded Suspension
- Gun Ports
- Running Boards
- Emergency Lights
- Siren and PA
- Insulation Package
- Single or Double Rear Doors
- Padded Rear Bench Seats
- Escape Hatch
- High Output Headlights
- Diesel Engine
- Extended Length Package (BATT-X)
- Battering Ram Package
- Multi Position Hydraulic Ram Pkg
- Gas Needle Ram Pkg
- Ram Camera System with Color Monitor
- 360° Rotating Turret
- Escape Hatches
- Run Flat Packages
- 335/80R20 Off Road Tire & Rim Package (4 Tires/Rims)
- 22.5 Off Road Tire & Rim Package (6 Tires/Rims)
- Front Axle Upgrade to 12,000lbs Capacity
- Camera & DVR Systems
- Power Inverter Systems with Plug Ins
- Fire Suppression System
- 24 Volt Conversion System
- Shore Power (includes marine grade cord)
- Kussmaul Battery Charger with Auto Eject
- Power Winches
- Winch Upgrade Packagees
- Heated Windshields
- Roof Mounted Remote Control Spot Lights
- LED Police Style Light Bars
- Side Intersection Emergency Lights
- Ballistic Skip Round Shields
- Flip Out Running Boards
- Turret Cupola Options
- Parabolic Mic System
- Intercom System
- Radio Prep Package
- Service Manuals
- CBRNE Detection
- SCBA Refill Tanks and Hook Ups
- Thermal Camera with Color Monitor
- Robot Options
- LRAD Systems & Accessories
- Multiple Paint Options
- Under Seat Lighting
- Rear Tow Hitch with Brake Control
- Spec Rest Sniper System
- Weapon Mounting Systems
- Remote Weapon Stations
- Blast Seats
- Center Mounted Bench Seating
- BATT EOD Packages
- BATT Medic Packages
- NBC Air Filtration System
- Riot Protection Package
- Front Mounted Push Blade
- (2) Rear Officer’s Area Cooling Fans
- Roof Mounted Storage Box
- Emergency/Escape Hatch
- Delia Raptor Tool
- Delia Rescue Hawk
- Delia Life Spike
- Computer Station
- Work Desk/Command Station
- Front Mounted Camera
- Skid Plates
- USB Port Plug In Stations
- Decal Installation
- CTIS System
- Tire Change Package
- Spare Air Self Rescue Tanks
- Rescue Torch System
|VEHICLE TYPE||ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIER|
|FUEL TYPE||DIESEL, GAS, PETROL|
|RIGHT HAND DRIVE||AVAILABLE|
Why Choose BATT®-X?
The engineers at TAG wanted to give teams a new and innovative APC/rescue vehicle that offered more advantages to complete their missions. The BATT®-X has everything other armored personnel carriers (APCs) on the market lack. BATT-X vehicles come armored in Level NIJ IV/B7+.50 Cal Ball Ammo and NIJ III/B6 Levels. This means they have the highest level of car armor protection, as classified by the National Institute of Justice (NIJ). Level B7 ballistic armor can defend against armor piercing rifle fire and .50 caliber ball ammo rounds. Your team will have the ultimate protection in the BATT®-X.
Specialty and Customizations
All the Ballistic Armored Tactical Transport® (BATT® Vehicles) at The Armored Group, LLC, are customizable. Our design team and engineers will work with you to come up with the perfect BATT®-X vehicle for your needs. You can add our TAG exclusive Multi Angle Hydraulic Ram system, Ram Cameras, Gas Needles, multiple lighting packages, 4 Doors, Off Road Kits, CBRNE package for detection of gases and radiation, LRAD, and many, many more options.
The BATT®-X vehicle you receive from The Armored Group, LLC, is one-of-a-kind, built specifically for your team. We offer patented features that are not available anywhere else, such as our flip-forward hood and multi-angle hydraulic ram system. Contact Us Today to learn more about the BATT®-X.