A Rockford Police K-9 officer arrived and tracked the suspect, later identified as 37-year-old Jeremiah Simmons of Rockford, to an address in the 300 block of North Gardiner Street where he was taken into custody. The case was reviewed with the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s office, who authorized the following charges:
– Possession of Cocaine with the intent to deliver
– Aggravated fleeing to elude
– Failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident
– Leaving the scene of a property damage accident
– Driving while having a suspended driver’s license
– Operating uninsured motor vehicle
– No valid registration
– Resisting a Police Officer
– Winnebago County Warrant for Violation of the Controlled Substances Act
Simmons was lodged in the Winnebago County Jail. The female passenger was released.
The charges against Simmons are merely accusations and he is considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.