Around 5:20 PM today the Rockford Fire Department were dispatched to a possible house fire. It happened in the 2100 block of 7th st. Several units are en route. Still developing.
RS Fan (Neighbor): It seems like there was just a lot of smoke, so the fire department has been using a large fan to help dissipate it.
RS fan Walter Scott-Swinbank
“The kitchen was on fire and frig and stove. There was way to much fire to fight off. It trashed the kitchen. Thank god we didn’t lose our stuff. Two young kids accidently forgot the stove was on ,but when I was up there all 4 burners running and two pans on fire and the frig blew up. I just got out of the room. They are using fans to air out the smoke after they put it out took a couple of hours .That was a huge fire,frig was melting,couldnt see it from out side,kitchen far middle in the building. luckly were all ok and the two girls that accidently did it,parents where gone”