Today at 6:30 PM
Chief O’Shea and Sheriff Caruana will be here to answer questions and talk about some of the efforts regarding the latest rash of crime.
3525 Broadway (Map below)
EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN.
Editorial Note: If the police actually DID LISTEN to the citizens as they say they do.
The scanners would be UNENCRYPTED and citizens could help combat crime again. Citizens would trust the police again and also call in things they see, and criminals would be caught and our streets would be more safer.
But the scanners are encrypted and crime is high.
Things that needs to be addressed:
- Police radio encryption
- Police transparency
- Police mislabeling calls (EX: During a home invasion a man was beaten and shot. RPD labeled it as a “Medical assist”…… MANY calls being mislabeled now. 2 examples below)
- Police chase policy
- How can citizens TRUST the police, when the police themselves shut out the public with encryption. Where’s the transparency in this? How does this help combat crime?
- How they plan on covering the 6 million dollar cost, of the Winnebago County police radio encryption?
- Why would it be necessary for ANIMAL CONTROL to be encrypted? Because they are one of the departments also going encrypted on the system. Among many others………
- Why doesn’t Rockford Police and other local agencies wear body cameras?
Always 3 sides to a story. Yours, Mine, and a camera. And a CAMERA NEVER LIES
- Plus many more issues…………………….