On December 15, 2016, members of the Rockford Police Housing Authority Unit were on patrol in the Blackhawk Housing developments when they observed a Mitsubishi SUV driving erratically in the area of Buckbee Street and Birch Court. Officers followed the vehicle a short distance and observed the vehicle turn south onto Keefe Street from 15th Avenue, where the driver failed to signal.
Officers conducted a traffic stop at which point the driver pulled into a driveway in the 400 block of 16th Avenue. The driver exited the vehicle and quickly walked behind the residence where he appeared to discard an unknown object.
Officers made contact with the driver and identified him as 30-year-old Rockford resident, Tommy Moore. Officers learned that Moore’s driver’s license was revoked and that he was banned from Rockford Housing Authority property. They also discovered that Moore was on parole.
Officers searched the area where Moore had walked after exiting the SUV. Officers located a quantity of marijuana and a quantity of heroin. Moore was taken into custody and charged with the following offenses:
• Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Deliver within 1000 feet of Rockford Housing Authority Property
• Possession of Cannabis with Intent to Deliver within 1000 feet of Rockford Housing Authority Property
• Criminal Trespass to State Supported Property
• Driving while License Revoked
• Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle
• Failure to Signal
Moore was lodged in the Winnebago County Jail